Woodland Acres Campground33 Woodland Acres Drive Camp Road
Brownfield, ME 04010
Description and Local Attractions
Woodland Acres offers camping in a wooded setting in the foothills of the White Mountains, with swimming, canoeing, and trout and bass fishing on the Saco River. In autumn, make Woodland Acres your focal point for the region's fabulous foliage. Relax and enjoy the privacy of your campsite, visit some of the nearby attractions, or enjoy a variety of canoe trips offered at the campground. The Saco River, noted for its beautiful, cool, crystal clear water and sandy beaches, offers hours or days of enjoyment for the beginner and expert canoeist alike. Whatever your choice, make Woodland Acres your unique vacation destination.
Events and Activities
Ice Cream Social and Wagon Ride ! From 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm on Saturdays from July 4th weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
Select An Exciting Canoe/Kayak Trip!
- WESTON'S BRIDGE; 22.8 miles, 2 days.
- Begin your trip at the Fryeburg Town Beach, with a portage at Swan's Falls. A good 2 full days of paddling.
- SWAN'S FALLS; 19.4 miles, 1.5 days, or about 8 hours.
- This is our most popular overnight trip. Bring your tent and pack some food for a super weekend, spring, summer or fall.
- CANAL BRIDGE; 15.6 miles, or about 6 hours.
- This is a good day's paddle, or an easy overnight for novice canoeists. As a one-day trip, it's great for the more experienced. Be sure to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy along the way. There are usually plenty of sandbars for swimming.
- HEMLOCK BRIDGE; 13.7 miles, 1.5 days.
- Put in on the Old Saco at a beautiful covered bridge. Follow the old course (1.6 miles of good, solid paddling) to the Saco for a great overnight trip.
- WALKER'S BRIDGE (302 Bridge); 8.6 miles or about 4 hours.
- You'll have a chance to explore Pleasant and Lovewell's Ponds, then, test your canoeing skills at the short stretch of rapids at Walker's Falls, then down the river to the campground.
- LOVEWELL'S POND; 3.9 miles, 2 hours.
- You can paddle around the pond, then, follow the outlet into the Saco just below Walker's Falls. Float leisurely downstream to the campground.This is a great trip for novices; and, families with smaller children.
- WOODLAND ACRES CAMPGROUND.
- For most trips, this is our campground where you'll end your trip from up river, or begin your trip to Hiram.
- HIRAM; 13.8 miles, 6 hours (for an easy overnight).
- You'll pass large clay cliffs, home to thousands of cliff swallows. In early spring, enjoy a nice day trip. In summer when the water slows down, make it an easy overnighter. This is the only trip that begins at Woodland Acres. Once you get to Hiram, it is a short walk to the phone. Give us a call and we'll send a shuttle to pick you up.
- During Fryeburg Fair, We will shuttle only to Lovewell Pond or Walker's Bridge.