Hells Canyon Area - Woodhead ParkIdaho Hwy 71
23 mi NW of Cambridge, ID 83610
Description and Local Attractions
You must first create an account (Sign Up) to see available campsites by arrival and departure dates. Call (844) 472-7275 or (208) 388-2231 if you need help. Please read ...
To make a group reservation please call our toll-free number (844)472-7275
Water lines to campsites have been winterized. Loops C and D are closed until April 1, 2019. Loops A and B, restroom buildings, and showers are open year round.
- 118 recreational vehicle sites include electricity, water, fire rings and picnic tables
- 15 walk-in tent sites with water, fire rings, picnic tables and restroom (no electric)
- Other park features: two boat ramps, and fish cleaning station
- Overnight truck and boat trailer parking near boat launch
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant accessible restrooms with showers
- Day-use picnic shelter, Uncovered day-use picnic area
- Paved walking path through park
- Garbage, recycling service and RV dump station
Visitors cannot move from one campsite to another without permission from Park Staff - No exceptions.
Visitors must have a State Issue Disability Sticker or ADA Placard to operate ATV's or any off-highway vehicle in campgrounds - No exceptions.
- A non-refundable reservation service fee of $10 will be assessed for online reservations
- A non-refundable reservation service fee of $15 will be assessed for phone reservations. Group reservations must be made by calling our toll-free number 1-844-472-7275
- A reservation can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the arrival date for a refund of campsite fees, however there is a $10 service fee to cancel
- Reservations can be cancelled by calling 1-844-472-7275 or by clicking your profile name after you've logged into the reservation system as long as it's 48 hours prior to the arrival date
Idaho Power owns and maintains four developed campgrounds in Hells Canyon. All parks have full-time maintenance personnel. Informational, historical, and educational signs are present at various locations throughout the Hells Canyon Complex. The parks are open year-round with reduced rates during the off-season from November 1 through March 30.
In addition to the developed parks, Idaho Power maintains several impromptu camping and access areas adjacent to project waters and within the project boundary. Available at some are portable toilets, garbage service, and unimproved boat launching facilities. All facilities are open to the public without discrimination.
Contact Idaho Power:
Call 541-785-7209 or 208-388-2231