CJ Strike Area - Scout ParkStrike Dam Cut-Off Road
24 mi S of Mt Home, ID 83604
Description and Local Attractions
You must first create an account (Sign Up) to see available campsites by arrival and departure dates. Call (208) 388-2231 (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m. MST) if you need help.
To make a group reservation please call our toll-free number (844) 472-7275
Water lines have been winterized. Restroom open all winter.
Scout Park provides visitors with 10 acres of recreational opportunities located directly below C.J. Strike dam. No electric hook-ups. Fourteen-day stay limit. C.J. Strike is located on the Snake River southwest of Mountain Home, Idaho. The reservoir extends from the dam up the Snake River approximately 32 miles, and 12 miles on the Bruneau River. Click here for: Water Information
- 33 universal campsites and 3 designated tent sites (No Electricity Available)
- Water, restroom, picnic tables, fire rings
- Large grass area and group picnic shelter
- Waterfront walking path and day-use parking area
- RV dump station and garbage service
Visitors cannot move from one campsite to another without permission from Park Staff - No exceptions
Visitors must have a State Issue Disability Sticker or ADA Placard to operate ATV's or any off-highway vehicle in campgrounds - No exceptions
Two RV dump stations are available (1) near the Power Plant and (2) at the C.J. Wildlife Management Headquarters. The RV dump stations are closed during the winter season.
- A non-refundable reservation service fee of $10 will be assessed for online reservations
- A non-refundable reservation service fee of $15 will be assessed for phone reservations. Group reservations must be made by calling our toll-free number 1-844-472-7275
- A reservation can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the arrival date for a refund of campsite fees, however there is a $10 service fee to cancel
- Reservations can be cancelled by calling 1-844-472-7275 or by clicking your profile name after you've logged into the reservation system as long as it's 48 hours prior to the arrival date
Locust Park is first come first serve, No reservations, no water. Fees are collected on site. The park includes three acres of turf and trees with undefined RV and tent camping sites, a vault toilet and interpretive information. The park is located below C.J. Strike Dam. For more information call 208-388-2231.
Recreation facilities at C.J. Strike have been developed and furnished by Idaho Power as a public service. All facilities are open to the public without discrimination.
All other recreation areas near the reservoir are managed by the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, Bureau of Land Management or the United States Air Force.
Contact Idaho Power:
Call 208-388-6691 or 208-388-2231