CJ Strike Area - Cottonwood ParkID 51 S -78 W, Bruneau
26 mi S of Mt Home via ID-51 S, ID 83604
Description and Local Attractions
You must first create an account (Sign Up) to see available campsites by arrival and departure dates. Call (208) 388-2231 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. MST) if you need help.
To make a group reservation please call our toll-free number (844) 472-7275
Water lines have been winterized. Bathroom facilities open all winter.
Cottonwood Park is a 12-acre campground located at the Bruneau delta on the south side of the reservoir. No electric hook-ups. Fourteen-day stay limit. C.J. Strike is located on the Snake River southwest of Mountain Home, Idaho. The reservoir extends from the dam up the Snake River approximately 32 miles, and 12 miles on the Bruneau River.
Click here for:Water Information
- 31 universal campsites
- Water, restrooms, picnic tables, fire rings
- Day Use Picnic Shelter
- Boat ramp, mooring, and boarding structures
- Garbage service
- Waterfront walking path, Interpretive panels
Visitors Cannot Move from one Campsite to another w/o Permission from Park Staff - No exceptions.
Visitors must have a State Issue Disability Sticker or ADA Placard to operate ATV's or any off-highway vehicle in campgrounds - No exceptions.
Two RV dump stations are available (1) near the Power Plant and (2) at the C.J. Wildlife Management Headquarters. The RV dump stations are closed during the winter season.
- A non-refundable reservation service fee of $10 will be assessed for online reservations
- A non-refundable reservation service fee of $15 will be assessed for phone reservations. Group reservations must be made by calling our toll-free number 1-844-472-7275
- A reservation can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the arrival date for a refund of campsite fees, however there is a $10 service fee to cancel
- Reservations can be cancelled by calling 1-844-472-7275 or by clicking your profile name after you've logged into the reservation system as long as it's 48 hours prior to the arrival date
Locust Park is first come first serve, No reservations, no water. Fees are collected on site. The park includes three acres of turf and trees with undefined RV and tent camping sites, a vault toilet and interpretive information. The park is located below C.J. Strike Dam. For more information call 208-388-2231.
Contact Idaho Power: