Batmans Cottages and Campground11408 Hwy #6
Sheguiandah, ON P0P 1W0
Description and Local Attractions
Escape and Discover an area perfect for an enriching camping experience. Safe, clean and fun. Family Camping at it’s best on Manitoulin Island!
To provide exceptional customer service in a friendly, clean and fun family campground, while creating family memories to last a lifetime.
Manitoulin Island is the largest freshwater island in the world and has the most spectacular natural scenery providing something for everyone. One night isn't enough time to explore the island and our location is perfect to make day trips.
While staying at Batman’s enjoy all of these conveniences:
- Waterfront Cottages
- We can accommodate 45 ft Motor Homes
- 30/50 amp sites
- Large Waterfront or Treed sites available
- Pull Throughs/ 30 amp/water hook ups
- Full Hook ups available
- Mobile Pump-out Truck available
- Dumping Station
- Non Service or service tenting sites available
- Clean Modern Washrooms and Shower Houses
- Free WIFI
- Hiking Trail,
- Fishing boats, Stand Up Paddle Boards, paddle boats, kayaks and canoe rentals.
- Sheltered marina, gas, launching ramp, docking, live bait, freezer service, fish cleaning hut,
- groceries, souvenirs,
- public telephone,
- Recreation Hall ( see below)
Why the name “Batmans”?
Batman’s Cottages and Campground was founded by Ralph Batman in 1969. Batman’s started as a family operated campground and continues to this date as a family operated campground. Andre and Lisa purchased in 2008.
Everything you need is here!
We have a main sandy beach known as Sunset Beach, with beautiful sunsets, a swim up dock with a gradual entry into the clear, refreshing waters of Sheguiandah Bay, Lake Huron.
Sunrise waterfront is a natural lakefront setting offering breathtaking views of the sunrises, the La Cloche Mountains and a shallow swimming area. This is where our Pull Through sites are located. The sunrise waterfront isn't the main swimming area, this is on the Sunset Beach.
Recreation hall offers:
- Pool table
- Video Machines
- Ping Pong
- Pin Ball
Enjoy the outdoors with:
- Hiking Trail
- Large playground
Bring your own boat, rent one of ours or fish off of our pier. Guests of all ages have fun trying to catch that “big one”.
The species available are; Musky, Northern Pike, Perch, Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Lake Trout, Pickerel, Bass.
To help you out we sell live bait.
Hi-speed wireless internet available.
Yes, cell phones will work here!
Events and Activities
Batman's 2018 Annual Campground Events
SUN, July 1st- 11th Annual Batman’s Canada Day Pancake Breakfast
SAT & SUN June 30 & July 1 -11th Annual Fish Derby (Ontario Family Free-Fishing Week - (June 30 to July 8, 2018 no fishing license required).
SAT, July 7.- 6th Annual 1 & 2.5 & 5 K Marathons
SAT, July 14- in the a.m. Annual Educational "Biofest"
SAT, July 14 -13th Annual Fish Fry with Entertainment.
SAT, July 21 -7th Annual Triathlon
SAT, Aug 18 -3rd Annual Pig & Corn Roast with Live Entertainment, 11th Annual Sand Castle Contest
Sept Long weekend Sept. 1 If it rains then Sept. 2. Annual Golf Tournament 10:00 a.m. @ Rainbow Ridge Golf Course
SEE THE BULLETIN BOARD AT THE STORE FOR FURTHER DETAILS ABOUT THE ABOVE EVENTS
EVERYONE STAYING AT BATMAN’S IS WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE IN THESE EVENTS.
Local 2018 Island Events
- Annual Manitoulin Passage Ride – TBA for more information www.manitoulincycling.com
- Haweater Weekend www.manitoulin.ca & Wikwemikong Cultural Pow Wow – Aug. 3 Aug. 6 www.circletrail.com
- Sheguiandah Pow Wow - T.B.A. July 1 & 2 or July 7 & 8
- Country Music Festival - Aug 9-12 www.manitoulincountryfest.com
2017 Manitoulin Island Pow Wow Events- Waiting on Dates
- June 3 – 4 Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation
- June 17 – 18 Wikwemikong First Nation Traditional
- June 17 – 18 Sheshegwaning First Nation
- July 1 – 2 Sheguiandah First Nation Traditional
- August 5 - 6 – 7 Wikwemikong 55th Annual Cultural
- August 26 – 27 Zhiibaahaasing First Nation Traditional
- Sept 2 – 3 M’Chigeeng First Nation Traditional
For more information on the Pow Wows please contact www.circletrail.com